Thursday, March 31, 2011

What I DO and DON'T According to the "Makeup Rules"

I personally think there are no REAL "Makeup Rules", but there are general guidlines that the makeup community puts out there for people to follow for a flawless face, to make your makeup last, or just standards that most people follow. Well, some things I do and somethings I don't do..LOL..

Here is what I DON'T do:

I DON'T use primer on my face everyday. Once in a while I will
I DON'T set my makeup with powder
I DON'T contour my face everyday
I DON'T exfolate my lips
I DON'T use makeup remover to take off my makeup, I just wash my face and I use olive oil to remove my eye makeup
I DON'T put black eyeliner on my waterline, I think it looks to harsh on me.
I DON'T fill in my eyebrows, idk why I don't..
I DON'T use lipliner, I honestly just forget this step, I want to get into the habit of doing it though.
I DON"T always like black eyeliner on my upper lash line either, I really like different color liners.
I DON'T set my makeup with Fix + or any other spray

Here are some of my DO's

I DO moisterize my face everday and night and apply my prescription acne medication
I DO highlight my cheek bones everyday
I DO wear blush everyday
I DO wear foundation EVERYDAY
I DO wash my face, once in the morning with no soap and once at night with soap
I DO use eye primer everyday, it is either UDPP in Eden or Greed

What do you think? What are your Do's and Don't of the makeup world?

16 comments:

Amalia J said...

omg I do almost every one of your donts!! And I dont a few of your dos! Lol great post!!!

G Jones said...

I love this list. I do a lot of your do's and I don't do a lot of your dont's. Can I borrow this list as an idea on my blog? I love it!

Unknown said...

Lately, I've been so impressed with my skin that I DON'T wear makeup every day :D. I do have to use a day and night cream, though, since I have weird dry patches in odd places.

EllysMakeupbag said...

I don't use primer and contour either! I only contour if i go out at night ...

Starryskies214 said...

Haha I do almost all of your "don't"s too! But I do most of your "do"'s too! How fun! I love this!

Alexis the Honey B said...

I love this post! I dont wear foundation every day, is that weird? I also do half your dont list! hahahaha! Rules are meant for breaking anyway!!!!

makeup by danisaddiction said...

Haha....great post!! I think I do all of your do's and don't's!!

Tania said...

I DON'T use face primer EVER
I DON'T wear foundation
I DON'T contour my face
I DON'T set my make up with fixing sprays
I DON'T ever go out without SPF(California sun!)

I DO moisturize day and night
I DO wear blush often <3
I DO wear tinted moisturizer with SPF
I DO use face wash every night
I DO remove my eye make up with gentle eye make up remover
I DO wash my face in the shower every morning with acne wash
I DO wear eyeliner almost everyday
I DO wear hydrating lip balm/gloss etc everyday

Anonymous said...

I agree, great post! I do almost all of yours dos and donts!

Justine (Productrater) said...

I don't use eyeliner or lipliner or fill in my brows, never found a need for it really.

MakeupByAngel said...

LOL I do almost all of your don'ts and most of the do's too. Fun post

Musing on Beauty said...

I don't follow any rules - after all it washes off so why not try everything :-)

Jess said...

haha I love that you all LOVED this post..it was much fun to see what you all agree with and don't..lol..feel free to take this post for your own blog and share it with your readers too!

Unknown said...

excellent post... I'll make a post and link back to here :D

Robyn said...

I don't follow any make-up rules really, but I do always moisturize twice a day, and I don't wear lipliner. Ever!

Unknown said...

We have similar approaches with the following exceptions: I will use soap or cream or sometimes both (when I'm made up I want to remove all traces prior to night cream application) and in the morning it depends on how my skin feels; I could never get away with not doing my brows if I've done the rest of my eyes; I don't wear foundation or sometimes makeup at all some days but I never go without some kind of cleansing/moisturizing routine (as I'm sure you don't either!)