Friday, January 7, 2011

NYX to MAC Dupe Series: NYX Iced Mocha VS MAC Satin taupe

I'm back with the NYX to MAC dupe series. I thought it would be  fun to see if the dupes were really that close or just a waste of time and hopefully in the process, I could save you some time and money!

I could not wait to see the results of this one!!

SO...Can you tell the differance??Photobucket


this one might be easy since so many people are satin taupe lovers




So..yeah..Nyx Iced Mocha is on the left and MAC Satin Taupe is on the right.
Satin Taupe is much more pigmented than Iced Mocha and IMO easier to work with. Iced Mocha is VERY soft, almost to soft for me. HOWEVER, they are pretty close in color, so I think it is a pretty close dupe colorwise, not identical, but close enough for me. It you want satin taupe and can not afford the $14.50 ($11 for pro pan) than this color is really a great dupe!

Photobucket

Side by side..IMO they look more identical in the pan than the swatch

Photobucket

NYX swatch on top, MAC on the bottom

SO..what do you think? Is it a good dupe?


My two favorite sites to buy NYX products are at Cherryculture.com and Nonpareilboutique.com

6 comments:

Dyna said...

i love these dupe posts xx

Cydonian said...

Totally agree with you on this. Iced Mocha is a nice taupe but yeah, it is kinda soft... I use it lightly in the crease on lazy days with just matte highlight and mascara. Looks nice using it like that!

KayKay said...

this is a very close dupe especially for the many satin taupe lovers out there.
i have seen so many bloggers and yt gurus use gingerly. it looks gorgeous on lighter skin tones. i'm on the search for a perfect bronzer for my skin tone for the days i dont want blush. cant wait for your review & i enjoy being "blogger besties" with you lol

Jess said...

I am so glad u all love these post!! I have more in the works and I hope they help someone!!
I am glad you agree with me cydonian, the softness really through me off, but hey for $3 I guess you cannot expect to much..idk

aww kaykay..I just luv ya!!!

Thank so much Dyna..I am so glad u like these posts!

Curves Ahead lifestyle blogger said...

Great post !!! You really can't tell the diffance

Thank you so much for you nice comments always sorry I haven't commented you very much but you have a amazing blog with great make up tips

Curves ahead

Dhalia Edwards said...

What do you think of the NYX blushes?? I've been wanting to try them.

Dhalia