Thursday, January 27, 2011

A SUPER LARGE RIDICULOUS UN-NECESSARY BUT I WANTED IT! HAUL

I went to Kohl's and CVS during a break I had from work. I was very surprised to find that Kohl's has some really nice make-up. I really do not like Kohl's at all for clothes, so I never really browsed around there until now. I also found some GREAT 75% off finds at CVS. I absolutly LOVE when CVS has 75% off stickers..my eye is like a hawk for them!!

Photobucket

This is everything that I got!!!

I will review the Kohl's stuff first

Photobucket

I got the flirt! flowerific blush, flirt! Big Flirt Thickening Mascara and American Beauty Lipstick

Photobucket

I really love this flirt! flowerific blush! The color is 02 Peach Blossom. First off..it is gorgeous looking. I love the flower design on it, BUT most importantly, when all the colors are blended togeher it is a really gorgeous, very pigmented, peachey-coral color. This is perfect for the summer. The price was $16 which I thought was a tad steep, but it so worth it for this color.

Photobucket


Next I got this really pretty matte nude color. It is from American Beauty and the color it 01 Honey Sweet. I really really HATE the packaging, it it bulky and really not needed, but I LOVE the color, so its okay

Photobucket

This lipstick really took me by surprise!! It was $12 and it is very moisterizering and long lasting. I like it more than some of my MAC lipsticks and it cost less. I am going back to pick up some more.

Swatch on hand

Photobucket

On lips:

Photobucket

The last thing I got from Kohl's was Flirt! Big Flirt Thickening Mascara on 05 Violet Vixen. This was $12 and I just really wanted a purple mascara. I tried it out and it is not really thickening at all, but I used it as a final coat with diorshow mascara and it did leave a really pretty purple coat.

Photobucket

Now on to my CVS haul...yipee!!!

Photobucket

That beautiful coral nailpolish is 914 Tropical Tempation, that I got for 75% off.

I got four Revoln lip products and I love them all. No regrets here. I really like revlon lip products, they have a really good color selection and I find that the lipstick are very moisterizing and with a standard wear time. Here are the swatches:

Photobucket

From top to bottom:

008 Candy Pink-This was regular price, CVS had a BOGO 50%
001 Lilac- This was 75%
200 Lilac lipgloss- 75% off as well
022 Sunset Peach- This is the other one I got with the BOGO

AHH these colors are amazing and the lipglosses are REALLY nice!! I think I like their lipglosses more than some of MACs. They are not sticky and feel really nice on my lips.

Next, I got a loreal HIP duo for 75% in 807 Poppy.  This is a matte duo and I LOVE it. It is my first time trying HIP and they are so pigmented and blend so well. I may just get some more! Here are the swatches of the duo.

Photobucket

I also got the Revlon Color stay mineral foundation at 75% off.  I have never tried mineral foundation and thought this would be a good chance to try it out. When I did try it as a foundation, I just did not like it. I need a medium coverage and this covered NOTHING! However. I used it as a setting powder after my MUFE HD foundation and it worked great as that. It absorbed the oil on my face and didn't look cakey at all. So this is a winner for sure as a setting powder.

Photobucket


SOO I really didn't NEED any of this stuff but I honestly had a BLAST buying it all and I think I found some really great things. I already did a FOTD with some of the stuff and I will be posting it soon.

Have you tried anything at Kohl's or made a surprisingly good purchase lately?

12 comments:

MakeupByAngel said...

I love Flirt! products. I have been using them for about 3 years now. The only thing I haven't found that great is their mascara :( Mascara is one of those things that can be tricky though. Anyway, great haul but I noticed in the first pic you had some pigments that you didn't show swatches for.

Jess said...

oh yeah!! I forgot about those pigments..those are mac pigment samples and I decided to do seperate post about them later but forgot to mention it! opps!!! good catch and thanks for pointing it out..i totally forgot about it.

Dyna said...

love this haul :)

KayKay said...

i didnt know kohls had cosmetics! i dont shop there either but i may have to stop in for some makeup now. & the lip colors you got are soo pretty! i know ill do damage if i go to cvs lol my fav is the purple gloss

Jess said...

aww thanks kaykay! I was surprised by the makeup at kohls too..you should check it out, I had a blast testing out everything there..lol..I could so see that purple lipgloss looking gorgeous on you :)

Brittany said...

Nice Haul! Flirt is actually owned by Estee Lauder, who also owns MAC! They do have some nice makeup... you can see similarities in the packaging of Flirt and MAC.

Alexis the Honey B said...

drooooooling over this haul! LOVE that Lilac Revlon lipgloss. you should do a look with this, i'm sure it will look gorgeous on you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

awesome buys! I couldn't stop laughing at your title for this haha

Jess said...

@missbrittneyboo- I had no idea! thanks for sharing that info with me :)
@ honeyb- thanks Hun..I haven't done a look with it yet but I will soon
@ pretty wonderful - glad u liked the haul and the title! that is honestly how I felt when I came home with all this stuff lol

Sofia said...

lip colors are gorgeous

Cydonian said...

The title of the haul is perfect... I so often find my husband going "why are you buying it? You don't need it?" and my instant response is "BUT I WANT IT!". It always wins as he is a big advocate of getting something you want! lol

Those purple lippies are so awesome, I have them too :)

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Ive never tried any of Kohl's cosmetics before. I dont even know if there is a Kohls around where I live. I am hoping to head to the US tomorrow and hope that they still have 75% off at CVS.
Awesome haul. Love the revlon lip items...they are great!
xx
Alicia