Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Enkores Homemade Brush Cleaner

I have been making this brush cleaner for a while now. It works great and it's easy to make.
All you need are the ingredients below, a measuring cup, and bottle to pour the ingredients in!
I got the alcohol, baby shampoo, leave in conditioners and empty bottle at target
I got the distilled water at CVS and the dish soap at Costco




Mix the following ingredients together in a large container:
- 1 cup of distilled/purified water
- 1/4 cup of 70% isopropyl alcohol
- 1/2 tbsp dish soap (I used Joy)
- 1/2 tbsp gentle shampoo (I used baby shampoo)
- 1 tbsp of leave-in conditioner (I used Sauve Detangling Spray in Double Dutch Apple..it smells sooo good!! LOL)


Photobucket
Photobucket


Gently stir to prevent suds from forming (I just stirred it up with the tablespoon I used for measuring) and transfer into a bottle that will allow for easy dispensing of the cleaner.
I try to clean my brushes everyday with this cleaner after I use them and I try to "deep" clean my brushes with baby shampoo about once a month.
This is what is looks like all mixed up:
Photobucket




And this is what it looks like in the bottle, it is clear but if you want it to have some color just use a colored dish soap, some people like to use pink dish soap so that it looks like the MAC brush cleaner:
Photobucket


AND Viola! your done!
Here is the link to Enkore's brush cleaner video as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FwklwLsSSg

4 comments:

Teresa L. Ellis said...

WOW!!! sooo cool. i will try this forsure!!! Thanks! Cleaners get expensive.

LisaMarie said...

This is a great idea!!!

April A. said...

Can this be used for spot cleaning as well?

Scarlett O'Hara said...

I have a question! I want to make this cleaner at home but where I live, the only thing available is surgical spirit! That is more than 70% alcohol so can I substitute that? Also, can I substitute regular conditioner instead of leave-in conditioner?