Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Obessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) LIP TAR-Review and LIP SWATCHES

I bought these when I went to the IMATS in NY and I am ever so happy that I did. These HIGHLY raved about lip tars are VERY pigmented and a little goes a VERY long way.

From the OCC website about their lip tars:
 A stunning new innovation in lip color, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in color, Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment - a little goes a very, very long way! An intense yet featherweight layer of color that stands up to the scrutiny of Hi-Def Video and Digital Photography, without ever looking (or feeling!) heavy. Meant to be mixed, Lip Tar comes in concise array of colors for a limitless selection of shades made by you!

Like all of our products, OCC Lip Tar is 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free, and is also free of parabens and other harsh preservatives. A simple, elegant formula that contains Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, OCC Lip Tar feels as good on the lips as it looks!



Look: These look amazing on the lips. High shine and very pigmented

Feel: When first applied to the lips, the lip tars feel VERY moisturizing and there is slight tingling feeling due to the peppermint oil in the lip tars, however I found that after about an hour of wear, my lips start to feel quite dry, even though they do not look dry.

Texture: These glide on the lips very easily. I recommend using a lip brush with these at first until you get use to how much to really use because they are so silky-smooth and pigmented. Once you get use to how much to put on your lips, I think a lip brush is NOT a complete necessity

Smell: A VERY slight peppermint smell. It is not overwhelming and it does not linger at all. It is actually a very refreshing smell IMO.

Longevity: IMO, this is the worst part about these lip tars. They only last about 2 hours on me. I thought they were suppose to last longer, however I did notice that if I put a bit more of the lip tar on my lips, it does last longer (maybe 3 hours) BUT when I do that, my lips feel a bit heavy at first.  I found that to increase the wear of these lip tars, I have been layering them on top of a complimenting lip stick, and the combo last for hours!! This is my favorite way to wear them. I know these were created to be worn alone and not as a lip gloss per say, BUT I like a less glossy look most of the time so this is perfect for me :D

Color Selection: AMAZING! These lip tars are meant to mixed and matched. OCC has a great range of colors that can be worn alone and to mixed

Packaging: I like the standard lip gloss tube. It makes the product easy to dispense and carry around.

Price: $13.00 for a 8ml tube

Available: OCCmakeup.com


Vapid

Interlace

Trollop

Divine

Tone

Tricky

I honestly like every color I got and despite the wear time, the color selection and pigmentation out weigh that for me, so I will be buying more in the future :D

Do you have any favs?? Have you tried these yet or do you want to now? :P

I still want Anime, Harlot, Strutter, and Strumpet

9 comments:

Robyn said...

I like the look of Devine and Tricky. I only have one of these, NSFW which is a brilliant colour but it feathers on me.

Unknown said...

love them all :)I love how you can mix the colors to create your own personal color :)

makeup by danisaddiction said...

I like Tricky, Divine and Trollop!

Wendi_ThroatPunch said...

Great lip swatches! Thank you. Now I must own Trollop. lol

Special Koko said...

i love trollop :x

Staci said...

I bought Trollop when OCC did the "Imats" sale advertised on their facebook page. I also picked up Hush and Memento which are also nice.

TINA said...

devine looks lovely!

Starryskies214 said...

Trollop looks so pretty on you! I also love Divine and Tricky! That does stink though that they only last a couple of hours, I thought they'd be more long lasting... oh well! They still look pretty!

.. said...

Awesome haul girl!! I must have tricky.